Wymondham to Hethersett cycle link
Start: Monday 27 November 2017
Expected finish: Spring 2019
This project will create a new 3.3km pedestrian/cycle path between Wymondham and Hethersett along the B1172. The new path will link to existing pedestrian/cycle infrastructure at either end and provide a high quality 7km route from Tuttles Lane, Wymondham, to the Thickthorn roundabout just outside Norwich.
Details of overall scheme
- Building of new 3.3km shared-use pedestrian/cycle path between Wymondham and Hethersett
- Widening existing footway to create a 3m-wide shared-use path
- Realignment and narrowing of the junctions of New Road and Norwich Road (west and east) to reduce entry and exit speeds of vehicles
- Installation of low-level street lighting columns to illuminate the new facility
- Relocation of the pedestrian refuge at New Road to improve access to and from the bus stop opposite
- Additional drainage
Reasons for work
- Wymondham and Hethersett are both due to see significant development over the coming years. The facility will provide a high quality cycle and pedestrian link between areas of new housing and Norwich city centre.
- The scheme is on the blue pedalway, linking Wymondham and Sprowston
- The scheme aims to encourage more people in the area to use sustainable transport
Work on the overall scheme will take place in phases – additional notices will be issued to provide more information on the future phases.