St Crispins Road crossing
Expected start: Spring 2018
We have carried out a consultation with Norwich City Council on the proposals.
Details of work
- Installation of wide, conspicuous and direct toucan crossing across the ring road between St George’s Street and Butolph Street
- Filling in of the existing subway to replace it with the surface crossing
- Installation of segregated walking and cycling paths on either side of St Crispin’s Road
- Removal of subway entrance walls, providing space for landscaping and planting.
Reasons for work
- Provide a high quality, at grade, quick and more direct crossing for pedestrians and cyclists across the inner ring road
- Create a more accessible crossing for those with mobility issues
- Remove the ongoing maintenance costs of the existing subway, such as cleaning, lighting, repair work and pumping out water
- Provide and important link in the yellow pedalway, which crosses the city between Lakenham in the south and Norwich International Airport in the north