July to October 2017
This scheme was designed to improve road safety for all users in the Bluebell Road area and to provide better facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Widening of the shared pedestrian/cycle path which runs along the west side (UEA side) of Bluebell Road between South Park Avenue and the slip road between Bluebell Road and Newmarket Road
- Widening of the shared pedestrian/cycle path which runs along the slip road between Bluebell Road and Newmarket Road
- Construction of a new tiger crossing (for both pedestrians and cyclists) to the north of the slip road between Bluebell Road and Newmarket Road
Reasons for work:
- Improve facilities for cyclists along Bluebell Road by accommodating two-way cycle provision and shared use with pedestrians
- Give pedestrians and cyclists priority over the side roads and junctions, creating an uninterrupted route
- Join the blue pedalway, which runs through Eaton, with the scheme on Newmarket Road
A notice of these proposals was advertised in Norwich Evening News on Friday 20 January 2017, followed by a four-week public consultation.
View the full consultation details and plans
The responses were presented to Norwich Highways Agency Committee on Thursday 16 March 2017.
View the meeting agenda and reports