Overnight work: 6pm, Saturday 16 March to 7am, Sunday 17 March 2019
Work was due to take place on Saturday 9 March but has had to be postponed. This is down to a mechanical breakdown at the Ipswich surfacing material plant and no other facilities in the area are open during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the change of schedule.
View details of traffic management while work takes place
View details of work that took place in Cringleford for phase 1 of the project.
July to August 2018
Details of work:
- Traffic calming and implementation of a 20mph restriction
- Widening the cycle track from the Cellar House pub to Newmarket Road to allow for two-way cycle flow
- Increasing maximum stay to two hours in parking area outside the old Post Office
- Installing double yellow lines on the remainder of the slip road and extending these further into Eaton Street
- Moving the vehicle stop line back in Bluebell Road so buses and other large vehicles can turn left from Eaton Street more easily
- Simplifying pedestrian crossings in the centre of Eaton
- Resurfacing the carriageway and upgrading the junction with new traffic signals to improve efficiency for all users
- Providing an on-carriageway feeder lane approaching the crossroads for cyclists on Eaton Street heading to the uphill slip road. This will give cyclists a safer area to wait.
- New cycle traffic signal for ahead cycles to be introduced on the Eaton Street (west) approach to allow cycles a green traffic signal in advance of general traffic. This will give them a head start when going straight on towards the uphill slip road.
- Installation of Eaton ‘gateway’ signs at Cringleford Bridge and Eaton Street slip road.