August to November 2017
The scheme was designed to improve the Magdalen Road area for pedestrians and cyclists by:
- Installing a separate cycle track on the west side of Magdalen Road between its junction with Guernsey Road and its junction with Sprowston Road
- Creating a new layout for the signalised junction with Sprowston Road, including an independent signal phase for cyclists travelling south
- Raising tables to provide level footpath crossings at the side roads of Albany Road, Shipstone Road, Knowesley Road and Clarke Road
- Removing the 30-minute limited parking bay outside Nos. 38 to 50 and replacing with double yellow lines (to enable installation of the cycle track as above)
- Installing a cycle-friendly ‘sinusoidal’ road hump outside No.108 Magdalen Road
- Introducing a 20mph zone in a wide area surrounding Magdalen Road
A notice of these proposals was advertised in Norwich Evening News on Friday 20 January 2017, followed by a four-week public consultation. View the full consultation details and plans.
The responses were presented to Norwich Highways Agency Committee on Thursday 16 March 2017. View the meeting agenda and reports.