Dates: May - August 2017
The scheme proposed to improve the Mile Cross Lane area for cyclists by:
- Improving the existing pedestrian crossing facility at the signalised Mile Cross Lane/Catton Grove Road junction to enable cyclists to use this crossing
- Widening and converting the following footpaths into shared use cyclepath/footpath:
- On Mile Cross Lane (north side) from its junction with St Faiths Road to a point in line with No.61 Mile Cross Lane
- On Mile Cross Lane (south side) from its junction with Catton Grove Road in a westerly direction for 24 metres
- On Catton Grove Road (west side) from its junction with Mile Cross Road to outside No.139 Catton Grove Road
- Moving the existing bus stop outside No. 139 Catton Grove Road south to outside No. 133 to allow the footpath conversion as above
- Installing protection to some grass areas and surface improvements to the hard standing area outside Nos. 143 to 153 Catton Grove Road
These plans were designed to improve road safety for all users in this area and provide better facilities for cyclists and pedestrians.
A notice of these proposals was advertised in Norwich Evening News on Friday 20 January 2017, followed by a four-week public consultation.
View the full consultation details and plans
The responses were presented to Norwich Highways Agency Committee on Thursday 16 March 2017.
View the meeting agenda and reports