October to November 2016
Extension of the 20mph zone in the area, mainly between Angel Road and St Clements Hill. This was part of a countywide scheme to enhance provision for cyclists and pedestrians and increase road safety for all users.
Works included traffic calming measures in three areas: Elm Grove Lane, Magdalen Road and Millcroft.
- Installation of speed humps in Elm Grove Lane
- Improvements to the St Clements Hill junction with Magdalen Road
- Raised table for the existing zebra crossing and realigning of the kerbs
- Raised table in St Clements Hill
- Segregated cycle path across the large footpath area in front of the Whalebone public house
- Improvements to the St Clements Hill junction with Millcroft
- Raised table and realigning of the kerbs
- Double yellow lines to cover the junction