Transport for Norwich strategy review
We want you to help us plan the future of transport in Norwich.
The current transport strategy has been in place since 2004 and has seen significant changes to the city, including transformation of the Westlegate area into a new public space and changes to St Stephens Street and Chapel Field North that have improved journey times for buses.
As we look to the future of investment in our network, we want to update the strategy to match the changing needs of the city and Greater Norwich as it continues to grow.
Take part in the consultation
We’ve put together a short survey to find out how you travel around Norwich at the moment and what your priorities are for the city’s transport in the future. It takes about five minutes to complete and will help us put together more detailed proposals on our approach to transport over the coming years.
The survey closes on Thursday 15 March. It runs alongside the Greater Norwich Local Plan (GNLP) consultation, which sets out a vision and strategy for growth in the area until 2036. Visit www.gnlp.org.uk for more details on the GNLP and how to comment.
Other ways to get involvedColleagues from the Transport for Norwich team will be on hand to discuss the consultation and the future of transport and infrastructure at some of the roadshow events for the GNLP.
Date and venues
- Tuesday 23 January 10am-4pm - The Forum, Norwich, NR2 1TF
- Thursday 1 February 2-8pm - Cringleford Willow Centre, NR4 7JJ
- Friday 2 February 2-8pm - Costessey Town Council, NR8 5AH
- Monday 5 February 10am-4pm - The Forum, Norwich, NR2 1TF
- Tuesday 6 February 2-8pm - Bob Carter Centre, Drayton, NR8 6DW
- Monday 19 February 11.30am-5.30pm - Diamond Centre, Sprowston, NR7 8UA
- Wednesday 28 February 2-8pm - Hellesdon Community Centre, NR6 5SR
- Friday 2 March 2-8pm - Dussindale Centre, Thorpe St Andrew, NR7 0SR
- Wednesday 7 March 10am-4pm - The Forum, Norwich, NR2 1TF
If you would like a hard copy, large print or different language version of the consultation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An important consideration in deciding what Norwich and its surrounding area need in terms of transport infrastructure is where and how growth is planned to take place. Once the outcome of the GNLP consultation is known, we will be using this information alongside results from the survey above to inform the content of a second phase of consultation to develop a draft strategy.