Suitable for ages 9-10.
Going Places is an enjoyable and competitive game show-style quiz which addresses road safety issues for young people as they move from primary school to secondary school and start travelling more independently.
This is a critical period in a young person’s life – and a time when their chances of being hurt on the road increase.
- Takes about an hour to complete
- Is for individuals or small teams and groups of Year 6 students (suitable for Years 5 and 6 in smaller schools)
- Covers questions on pedestrian, cycling, car and bus travel safety
- Uses pictures and short video clips to emphasise essential points
- Strongly encourages participants to think about the risks they face and provides advice about how to reduce those risks when they are out and about
A staff member should always be present to reinforce the road safety messages after a Going Places session.
Before running a Going Places session, discuss student numbers and teams with your Road Safety Community Assistant or local Road Safety Officer.