Driving safety tips
Many drivers can relate to looking backwards to sort out an argument between the children in the back seat, or looking for the next song on the stereo, actions which can distract attention from keeping safe on the road.
- Concentrate on the road in front, if you need to do anything that means your concentration is on something else, even for a second, it’s better to be safe and pull over
- Always be vigilant and observant for all other road users
- Anticipate the actions of other road users, think for them
- Always follow at an appropriate distance allowing plenty of space
- Plan ahead, allowing yourself time for your journey and time to take another route if needed
- Take a break if you feel tired – and if you’re on a long journey, try to stop off at least every 2 hours