Floodlighting must be positioned and/or configured so as not to be an unacceptable distraction to road users.
The following should also be taken into account:
- Do the lights have to be on all night? For example, over advertising hoardings, the exterior of buildings or on empty car parks
- Only the right amount of light is provided for the task
- The lights are set correctly so they only illuminate the surface intended
- The angle of the main beam is below 70 degrees to reduced the effects of glare
- The equipment does not spread light above the horizontal