We do not accept:
- Ash trees, leaves and prunings - and they cannot be accepted by your local garden waste collection service for composting. This is because ash dieback disease is affecting ash trees across the country. Defra and The Forestry Commission recommend that householders who have any ash trees, leaves or prunings burn them on site, where permitted to do so. For more information, visit www.forestry.gov.uk/chalara.
- Injurous or invasive weeds (eg ragwort, Japanese knotweed, giant hogweed and Himalayan balsam) - treat them in the area in which they are growing, and avoid moving them, as this significantly reduces the risk of them spreading. Government advice and guidance is available.
We do accept the following garden waste at our recycling centres:
- Garden and green waste
- Soil and turf - although this is classed as DIY waste
- Garden tools
- Trees - except ash trees. Branches over 10cm diametre will go in the timber bin. Please prune tree prunings into manageable sizes.
- Water butts – one per household per week
- Wood – see DIY waste
If you have large quantities of garden waste, email email@example.com in advance.
Your local district, borough or city council may offer a garden waste kerbside collection. There may also be a Community Composting Scheme in your area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.