If you have a caravan, a large quantity of vehicle parts, or a large vehicle to dispose of, contact a vehicle dismantler. You can find businesses in your local telephone directory or online. Remember to ask to see a Waste Carriers Licence and find out where the waste will be disposed of.
- Boats and canoes – we only accept small boats and these must be broken down into manageable pieces
- Car batteries are accepted - handle them with care
- Car parts – a small quantity of small car parts can be accepted such as wing mirrors, wiper blades or headlamp bulbs
- Caravans are not accepted. Any fixtures or fittings from a caravan are classed as DIY waste and restricted. More information about DIY waste.
- Cars are not accepted. Read our information about end of life vehicles.
- Child car seats - can be placed in the general waste container as they cannot be accepted at our Reuse Shops
- Engine oil is accepted
- Trailers – small trailers are accepted (max 1.5m in length). Please note that trailer tyres will be charged for - please see tyres below.
- Tyres (car) – current charge is £4 per tyre (rimmed or unrimmed) and they are only accepted at Caister, Dereham, Hempton, Ketteringham, King’s Lynn, Mayton Wood, Mile Cross (Norwich) and Thetford. Maximum five tyres per household, per month.
- Tyres (bicycle) are accepted at Caister, Dereham, Hempton, Ketteringham, King’s Lynn, Mayton Wood, Mile Cross (Norwich) and Thetford recycling centres.
- Tyres (agricultural/industrial) – these are not accepted because they are not classed as household waste. You must pay a waste disposal operator to dispose of these.
You can pay with cash, credit or debit card (chip and pin and contactless).
We no longer accept cash payments for amounts over £10 - you will need to pay amounts larger than £10 with a debit or credit card. At Mile Cross Recycling Centre we only accept card payments - no cash is accepted.