Vehicles and parts (including tyres)
We don’t accept all vehicles/parts of vehicles at our recycling centres. Check the information below.
If you have a caravan, a large quantity of vehicle parts, or a large vehicle to dispose of, contact a vehicle dismantler. You can find businesses in your local telephone directory or online. Remember to ask to see a Waste Carriers Licence and find out where the waste will be disposed of.
- Boats and canoes – email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance
- Car batteries are accepted. Handle them with care
- Car parts – a small quantity of car parts can be accepted
- Caravans are not accepted. Any fixtures or fittings from a caravan are classed as DIY waste and restricted. More information about DIY waste.
- Cars are not accepted. Read our information about end of life vehicles.
- Child car seats can be placed in the waste to landfill container. For health and safety reasons, they cannot be accepted at our Reuse Shops
- Engine oil is accepted
- Trailers – small trailers are accepted
- Tyres (car) – current charge is £4 per tyre (rimmed or un-rimmed) and they are only accepted at Caister, Dereham, Hempton, Ketteringham, King’s Lynn, Mayton Wood, Mile Cross (Norwich) and Thetford. Maximum five tyres per household, per month.
- Tyres (bicycle) are accepted at Caister, Dereham, Hempton, Ketteringham, King’s Lynn, Mayton Wood, Mile Cross (Norwich) and Thetford recycling centres.
- Tyres (agricultural/industrial) – these are not accepted because they are not classed as household waste. You must pay a waste disposal operator to dispose of these.
At most of our recycling centres you can pay by cash, credit or debit card (chip and pin and contactless). Mile Cross Recycling Centre only accepts card payments.
We are changing our payment methods. From 1 December we will no longer accept cash payments for amounts over £10 and you will need to pay amounts larger than £10 with a debit or credit card. Mile Cross Recycling Centre only accepts card payments and this is not changing.