Help support refugee resettlement

We take part in government-funded schemes to resettle vulnerable refugees in local communities.

For example:

How you can help

If you would like to donate or volunteer your time to help with refugee resettlement, please go to Help refugees in the UK at GOV.UK and select East of England. We are using this service to manage the high number of donations and offers we are receiving.

We urgently need:

  • Bed frames and bedside cabinets
  • New mattresses
  • Bookshelves
  • Small appliances (such as toasters, microwaves, vacuum cleaners)
  • Freestanding kitchen appliances (such as cookers, fridges, washing machines)
  • Sofas and armchairs (these must have a fire safety label)
  • Televisions, DVD players and set top boxes
  • Wardrobes, chests of drawers and dressing tables
  • Garden tools
  • Gift vouchers, eg Argos, B&Q, Currys – we can use these to buy essential items that we’re short of

We do not need:

How to donate money

One of the best ways to help is by donating cash rather than donating goods. Cash can be transferred quickly to areas where it is needed. Individual and aid organisations can use it to buy what they need most.

You could make a donation to the Bishop of Norwich’s Refugee Fund or the Norfolk Community Foundation’s Supporting Ukraine in Norfolk Fund.

Clothing donations

Alive UK and New Routes Integration have been overwhelmed by donations. Please contact them to check whether they are accepting more clothing before you donate.

Setting up a collection point

Please do not set up local collection points for donated items. Due to the extraordinary volume of donations, we want all donations to go through GOV.UK Help refugees in the UK. We can respond to offers and arrange collection through this service.


Shared accommodation

If you have an empty room in a shared house, you can offer this through the Homes for Ukraine scheme. This could be a spare room in your home or in property you own.

The room(s) should:

  • Be available immediately and for at least 6 months
  • Have access to shared facilities (bathroom and kitchen)

Find out more about being a Homes for Ukraine sponsor

Self-contained accommodation

Self-contained accommodation should:

  • Be a whole property or self-contained annexe
  • Contain at least 1 bedroom, bathroom and kitchen facilities
  • Be available for long-term occupancy
  • Be available immediately or in the near future

If you have empty self-contained accommodation you would rent to a refugee family, you can let us know using our Accommodation Offer for Refugee Resettlement Form.