The purpose of this appliance is to provide specialist personal decontamination equipment for both the public and crews to an operational incident involving chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear (CBRN) materials.
Equipment carried includes:
- Public decontamination showers
- Emergency services decontamination facilities
- Gas-tight suits
- Radiation monitoring devices
- Hazardous materials detection equipment
- Disrobe and re-robe clothing
- Off-road fork lift
There is one incident response unit in the Norfolk Fire Service, based in Hethersett. It is backed up by specialist trained crews from both whole-time and retained stations.