Norwich and Norfolk Eco Awards success stories
Last year’s winners showcase a variety of real-life solutions to environmental problems and social issues, like food poverty or excessive waste.
- Learning through nature was the ethos of East Ruston Primary School that involved all children in a range of outdoor activities
- Solar panels, a wind turbine and bio-mass boiler are just a few of the measures that Flegg High put in place to make sustainability central to school life
- Now the biggest car sharing community in the UK, Liftshare provides a free, public service that’s open to all
- Completely off-grid, Woodfruits provide their own energy, heat and water for the shiitake mushrooms they grow onsite
- Matt White makes a Norwich terraced house into an eco home, reducing carbon emissions and fuel bills
- Foodcycle started up in 2011 and since then has served 16,183 meals and diverted over 22 tonnes of food from going straight to landfill