Youth offending team complaints
- Children’s Services
We are committed to providing quality services, but we also recognise that sometimes things go wrong, and that you may not always be satisfied with a service we have provided to you. You do not have to make a formal complaint to tell us about something that has gone wrong or upset you. You can make a comment or express a concern, which we will deal with or pass to the relevant agency.
How to make a compliment or complaint
We will listen to you and write down your complaint, compliment or comment either over the phone or, if you would like, we can meet with you.
- If your complaint is against a member of staff, talk to them first if you feel this is possible.
- If it’s a compliment or comment, we will let the right person know
- If you would rather take the matter up with a NYOT Area Manager, their addresses are:
Great Yarmouth2nd Floor, Havenbridge House
Tel: 01493 448120
NorwichRoom 17 North Wing
Tel: 01603 679100
Kings LynnPriory House
9 Austin Street
Tel: 01553 614950
Confidentiality and working with our Partner Agencies
We will treat your complaint in confidence and only pass details to staff who need to know in order to investigate it. We work in partnership with other agencies, this means we may need to share your information with these partners to respond to your complaint.
In order to ensure that each of the partner agencies’ individual complaints processes are adhered to correctly, ANY complaint against a member of NYOT will be referred for informal discussion to the relevant agency. This needs to occur within three working days of the complaint being received. It will then be a decision for the relevant agency as to how the complaint should be processed. In all matters an informal resolution would be the preferred option.
Norfolk County Council Complaints scheme standards
- We will acknowledge any complaint by email or telephone within three working days, or by letter within five working days.
- We will aim to provide a full response to most complaints within 15 working days for stage 1 and 25 working days for stage 2 and 3 complaints from the date of the acknowledgement or explain why we need more time.
- You will be given the opportunity to explain your complaint fully and freely.
- After your complaint has been looked into, we will inform you of the results. If we are at fault we will tell you how we can put it right.
We seek to provide a service that is fair to all. We will not accept racist, sexist or any other offensive remarks or behaviour from members of staff or from the general public.
Data Protection Act
NYOT is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 to hold information on file and computer.
Taking matters further
We try to make sure that we act on your feedback, to prevent problems from happening again and to improve our services. However, the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) can investigate complaints if you are not satisfied with how we have handled your complaint.
You can make your complaint direct to the LGO’s office at any time, but they will usually only take action when our investigations have been completed.
Contact the Local Government Ombudsman at www.lgo.org.uk or write to:
PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
- Telephone: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983
- Fax: 024 7682 0001
- Text: ‘call back’ to 0762 480 4299