Expenses for Chief Officers

It is sometimes necessary for employees of Norfolk County Council to travel for business purposes and expenses incurred can be claimed by the employee when appropriately authorised.

Controls and procedures are in place for making claims.

Travel mileage may be incurred when using the employee’s own vehicle, or a Norfolk County Council lease car.

A mileage rate is paid for business journeys to and from the normal working place. These rates vary according to the type of arrangement and engine capacity of the vehicle and are paid in line with HMRC recommended rates.

Norfolk County Council will publish on this site, on a monthly basis, the expenses claimed by the Chief Officers during the previous month.

Publication began in mid July 2009. Officers may not make a claim every month so care must be taken in viewing these figures.

Was this webpage helpful?