Pothole action fund
In February and March 2018 the Government announced details of the ‘Pothole action fund’, which allocated money to local authorities to be spent on fixing potholes or the prevention of potholes.
We intend to spend these funds in 2018-19. The two awards, £1,735,949 and £3,448,743, total £5,184,692.
Our capital structural maintenance budget prior to the announcement of the pothole fund was £32,340,000 consisting of:
- £23,043,000 Structural maintenance Grant (DfT)
- £4,837,000 incentive fund (DfT)
- £1,065,000 County Council (NCC)
- £941,000 Capital integrated transport grant directed by NCC to structural maintenance
£65,000 Local Growth Fund (LEP)
+ £5,184,692 Pothole action fund
This funding has enabled additional spending divided between:
- Patching/pothole repair £2,262,500
- Surfacing at 31 surfacing locations totaling £2,922,192 approximately five miles in length
View the pothole fund surfacing scheme list
This is in addition to the £7m we had already allocated to patching and potholes, and £2.173m to road resurfacing schemes, from other funding.