Statement of accounts
The annual statement of accounts (the accounts) shows details of the costs of providing the Council’s services and information about the Council’s assets and liabilities.
The Council’s accounts (including those of Norfolk Pension Fund) for 2016-17 were approved by Audit Committee on 21 September 2017. The audit of the accounts was completed by 27 September, and the audit certificate was issued on 27 September 2017.
- Statement of Accounts 2016-17
- Annual Governance Statement 2016-17
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2016-17
The Council also produces a summary of the main accounts which presents the main statements in a simpler format, although the figures are consistent in both statements.
Norfolk County Council Annual Audit Letter
Following the signing of the Statement of Accounts and the conclusion of the annual audit, our external auditors write an Annual Audit Letter to the Council. The letter summarises the findings of the auditors and formally concludes the audit.
Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
Any rights of objection, inspection and questioning of the local auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days commencing on the day following the signing of the draft unaudited accounts and for 2016-17 must include the first 10 working days in July.
Previous Statements of Accounts
- Statement of Accounts – 2015-16
- Annual Governance Statement – 2015-16
- Annual Audit letter – 2015-16
- Statement of Accounts – 2014-15
- Annual Governance Statement – 2014-15
- Annual Audit letter – 2014-15
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2014-15
- Statement of Accounts – 2013-14
- Annual Governance Statement – 2013-14
- Annual Audit Letter – 2013-14
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2013-14
- Statement of Accounts – 2012-13
- Annual Governance Statement – 2012-13
- Annual Audit Letter – 2012-13
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2012-13
- Statement of Accounts – 2011-12
- Annual Audit Letter – 2011-12