Statement of accounts
The annual statement of accounts (the accounts) shows details of the costs of providing the Council’s services and information about the Council’s assets and liabilities.
The Council’s accounts (including those of Norfolk Pension Fund) for 2016-17 have been prepared and certified by the Executive Director of Finance and Commercial Services as giving a true and fair view of the financial position of the Council as at 31 March 2017.
The draft unaudited accounts are subject to audit by the Council’s external auditor, Mr Mark Hodgson of Ernst & Young LLP of One Cambridge Business Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ. This may result in changes to the accounts.
- Declaration by Responsible Financial Officer
- Draft Statement of Accounts 2016-17
- Draft Annual Governance Statement 2016-17
Copies of the accounts for the previous six years are shown below.
The Council also produces a summary of the main accounts which presents the main statements in a simpler format, although the figures are consistent in both statements. The summary accounts for 2016-17 will be included here when available.
Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
Any rights of objection, inspection and questioning of the local auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days commencing on the day following the signing of the draft unaudited accounts and for 2016-17 must include the first 10 working days in July.
Previous Statements of Accounts
- Statement of Accounts – 2015-16
- Annual Governance Statement – 2015-16
- Annual Audit letter – 2015-16
- Statement of Accounts – 2014-15
- Annual Governance Statement – 2014-15
- Annual Audit letter – 2014-15
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2014-15
- Statement of Accounts – 2013-14
- Annual Governance Statement – 2013-14
- Annual Audit Letter – 2013-14
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2013-14
- Statement of Accounts – 2012-13
- Annual Governance Statement – 2012-13
- Annual Audit Letter – 2012-13
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2012-13
- Statement of Accounts – 2011-12
- Annual Audit Letter – 2011-12