About the Health and Wellbeing Board
The Health and Wellbeing Board is aimed at helping to improve the health and wellbeing of people in Norfolk.
In summary, it is responsible for producing a set of priorities for health improvement (the Health and Wellbeing Strategy) based on the evidence of the assessment of needs (Joint Strategic Needs Assessment - JSNA).
It is also responsible for driving, promoting and encouraging integration, particularly between health and social care to improve care, save money and give patients a better experience.
The Board brings together local organisations in Norfolk including councils, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Healthwatch Norfolk, the voluntary sector, Norfolk Constabulary and the Police and Crime Commissioner.
The board meets every three months and is open to the public.
The Health and Wellbeing Board has three main functions:
- Assess the current and future health and wellbeing needs of our local population through the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
- Produce a local, joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy - the overarching framework within which commissioning plans are developed for health services, social care, public health, and other services which the board agrees are relevant
- Drive greater integration and partnership – including joint commissioning, integrated provision, and pooled budgets where appropriate
Reports to the Board
Health and Wellbeing Board Governance and System Leadership
Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP)
- Integrated Care System (Expression of Interest) 6 March 2018 (pdf - 221kb)
- Integrated Care System Expression of Interest submission - February 2018 (pdf - 1mb)
- Vision for the future model of Primary Care in Norfolk and Waveney 6 March 2018 (pdf - 77kb)
- Vision for the future model of Primary Care - presentation 6 March 2018 (pdf - 302kb)
- Norfolk and Waveney STP presentation to the HWB 27 September 2017 (pdf - 630kb)
- Sustainability and Transformation Plan - Delivery planning 27 September 2017 (pdf - 82kb)
- Sustainability and Transformation Plan update 12 July 2017 (pdf - 194kb)
Better Care Fund
- Better Care Fund report 12 July 2017 (pdf - 1mb)
- Better Care Fund 2017 19 and Integration Plan September submission (pdf - 2mb)
- Better Care Fund 2017-19 and Integration plan appendices A-J (pdf - 1mb)
- Better Care Fund 2017-19 Planning Template (pdf - 3mb)
- Better Care Fund 2017-19 Delayed Transfers of Care Submission (pdf - 2mb)
Hospital Discharge in Norfolk
Norfolk and Waveney Transforming Care Partnership
Local Transformation Plan for Norfolk and Waveney
Annual Conference 2017 - presentations
- Key note speech - Caroline Tapster, LGA (pdf - 208kb)
- Norfolk's Joint Health & Wellbeing Strategy - Dr Louise Smith (pdf - 671kb)
- Prevention (pdf - 1mb)
- Integration (pdf - 1mb)
- Inequalities (pdf - 1mb)
- Voice of the Service User - HWN (pdf - 799kb)
- In Good Health overview - Dr Wendy Thomson (pdf - 403kb)
- Demand Management and Acute Care - STP (pdf - 630kb)
- Primary Care - STP (pdf - 530kb)
- Mental Health - STP (pdf - 180kb)