Health and Wellbeing Strategy
Our draft Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2018-22 was approved by the Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) on 17 July 2018.
The strategic vision of the HWB is of a single sustainable health, wellbeing and care system, with partners working together in leading the change, creating the conditions, and using their resources in the most effective way to prioritise prevention, tackle inequalities in communities and integrate ways of working.
Highlights from our HWB Strategy
- A single sustainable system – Working as a single system in the delivery of people-centred care, across a complex organisational and service delivery landscape
- Prioritising prevention - A shared commitment to supporting people to be healthy, independent and resilient throughout life - offering our help early to prevent and reduce demand for specialist services
- Tackling inequalities in communities - Providing support for those who are most vulnerable in localities using resources and assets in communities to address wider factors that impact on health and wellbeing
- Integrating ways of working - Collaborating in the delivery of people-centred care to make sure services are joined-up, consistent and make sense to those who use them
The HWB has agreed a set of values which describe partners' shared commitment to working together to make improvements and address the challenges:
- Collectively accountable - As system leaders, taking collective responsibility for the whole system rather than as individual organisations
- Simplifying systems - Reducing duplication and inefficiency with fewer organisations - a commitment to joint commissioning and simpler contracting and payment mechanisms
- Promoting engagement and involvement - Listening to people and being transparent about our strategies across all organisations
- Based on evidence of needs - Using data, including the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA), to target our work where it can make the most difference – making evidence-based decisions to improve health and wellbeing outcomes
- Bringing partners’ existing strategies together - working together to achieve joint outcomes
View our Joint HWB Strategy
We are currently going through a stage of formal sign up by each HWB partner organisation, including the County Council, over the summer/autumn 2018.