Trading Standards policies
Trading Standards’ core function is to build a safe, fair and legal marketplace for Norfolk, helping businesses to succeed and safeguarding communities.
In carrying out our regulatory activities we look carefully at what the law is trying to achieve and ensure we apply the law appropriately and proportionately to meet important outcomes for both people and business.
Details of our current policies and priorities are available below.
Trading Standards Service Plan with annexes:
- Trading Standards Service Plan
- Annex l Enforcement of Age Restricted Sales Plan
- Annex ll Food and Feed Law Enforcement Plan
- Annex lll Animal Health and welfare Service Delivery Plan
Policies and standards:
- Business Services Policy
- Business Service Standards
- Enforcement Policy
- Consumer Services Policy
- Energy Performance of Local Authority Buildings Policy
Our services will be delivered in accordance with the requirements of the Regulators’ Code.