Norfolk Library and Information Service policies
Our mission is supporting reading, learning and information for all.
This contributes to Norfolk County Council’s priorities of achieving excellence in education, real jobs, good infrastructure and quality of life: we will improve the quality of life for people in Norfolk.
We will safeguard and protect vulnerable children, young people and adults, promoting wellbeing and helping people stay healthy and independent for as long as possible. This is with particular emphasis on meeting the needs of target groups:
- Children and young people from families who do not read
- Vulnerable people
- Vulnerable older people
Our core purpose is:
- Promoting literacy and an enjoyment of reading
- Providing information for life
- Encouraging lifelong learning
- Supporting local communities
Our vision is to be excellent and responsive.