Norfolk’s County Farms Estate extends to over 6,500 hectares of prime agricultural land and has 145 tenants.
The estate provides significant income for the Council, which helps to pay for services and to meet our ongoing sustainable development commitments by:
- Providing a framework for local produce, goods and services
- Sustaining and creating rural employment
- Developing business opportunities throughout the County
- Improving and developing access for recreation and education
- Creating and improving biodiversity
- Providing land for affordable housing
County Farms are an important entry point for new farmers and the estate supports many rural jobs throughout the county.
As well as the financial benefits and opportunities for rural businesses, the estate is used to improve public access to the countryside and to protect biodiversity and archaeology
Details of farms when available will be displayed here along with; lettings particulars, selection criteria, policies and objectives, and application forms.