Report something to Trading Standards

You can report a problem with a trader or a product to Trading Standards by contacting our partners the Citizens Advice consumer service.

What happens to your report

The Citizens Advice consumer service will assess your report and, where appropriate, give you information about how to resolve the issues you have raised.

They will then share the information with Trading Standards so that we can tackle wider problems with businesses at a local level.  We use the information that Citizens Advice consumer service shares with us to direct our resources at the areas of greatest need.  We might use this information to take action to stop the trader from acting unfairly, for example by educating them about the law.  If necessary, we may take legal action against them to stop their illegal practices.