Norfolk Trusted Trader is a directory of service providers in various trade sectors, including home maintenance and improvement, and personal care services.
The scheme is operated by Norfolk County Council Trading Standards service in partnership with Referenceline.
If you need help using the online directory email firstname.lastname@example.org
How does it work?
Members agree to comply with strict standards and undergo a series of background checks as part of the accreditation process.
Member businesses are assessed by their own customers, through a survey system operated by Referenceline, helping other consumers make a more informed, and more confident, choice of trader.
Choosing a trader
Here is some useful advice to remember when using a trader or service provider:
- Get three or four quotes as prices may vary between providers. Discuss your needs and agree what you would like them to do and what the cost will be. Remember the contract is between yourself and the provider
- Some service providers from the Norfolk Trusted Trader directory may offer preferential rates for people accessing their services via the scheme, so it is always worth asking
- After getting quotes always think it over, you can change your mind
- If you are pleased with the service, pay any costs due and ask for a receipt. Complete the Trusted Trader feedback form and return it – your feedback will help others choose a trader in the future
- Remember that others may be able to help you with arranging the services you need – for example a relative or neighbour