Cookie Consent by Need help? - Norfolk County Council

Need help?

Children, young people and their families 

Visit the Matthew Project Unity website for information, or phone the free helpline on 0800 970 4866 (open 8am-8pm) to talk to someone in confidence.

Over 18s

Visit the Change Grow Live website for more information or to make a referral or call 01603 514096.

Parents who misuse drugs or alcohol

Substance misuse can affect someone’s ability to parent effectively.  If you are worried about a parent who may be in this situation, please help by contacting Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020 or via our online form.

People in recovery

Watch the video on this page for personal accounts of recovery from drug and alcohol use.  People in recovery need access to a wide variety of resources to help them, known as recovery capital:

  • Social capital - your friends, family, relationships and social links
  • Physical capital – things you can touch, such as accommodation or money
  • Human capital - skills, health and personal resources that will help you achieve your goals
  • Cultural capital - the values, beliefs and attitudes that you have to help you integrate into the wider community

Was this webpage helpful?