Had unprotected sex?
In Norfolk, over 35,000 people access the iCaSH (Integrated Contraception and Sexual Health Service) clinics every year. There are over 500 people living with HIV in Norfolk, with approximately 30-60 new HIV diagnoses per year.
Test. Treat. Prevent.
Someone who is HIV positive and on treatment, with an undetectable viral load, has a very low to zero chance of infecting their sexual partner/s with HIV.
Thanks to HIV drugs, doctors now see the infection as something that people can live very well with for a lifetime. This is especially true if they are diagnosed early.
To find out more about HIV, testing and treatment visit www.tht.org.uk.
Where to get tested for HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in Norfolk
- Find your local iCaSH clinic in Norfolk or call 0300 300 3030
- Visit www.test.hiv for a free, confidential HIV testing kit sent directly to your home in discreet packaging
- The Terrence Higgins Trust Norfolk provides young people with information about accessing chlamydia screening, C-Card condoms and sexual health services
- THT Norfolk offers rapid HIV testing – see your result in 60 seconds – book an appointment on 01603 226666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also access your GP and your local pharmacy for a range of sexual health services, such as: emergency hormonal contraception (morning after pill), chlamydia screening, C-Card condoms and contraceptive services
- The NHS website for sexual health information provides lots of help including STIs, possible symptoms and contraception