Get early help and family support
If you are experiencing family problems, the first thing you should do is try and discuss your concerns with someone. This could be:
- Your child’s school or college
- Your child’s preschool, nursery or childminder
- Children’s Centre staff (if your child is age 0-5). Find your nearest centre.
- Local youth projects such as Norfolk Youth Projects
- Your family doctor, staff at your local health centre or your midwife
- Your family’s health visitor (if your child is age 0-5). Call 0300 300 0123
- Staff at your local library. Find your nearest library
- Staff at your local job centre. Find your local job centre
- A housing officer. Find your local district, borough or city council
You could also search for support on the Norfolk Community Directory.
Your local early help team
If you need further advice, staff in your local early help family focus team can help. They can give you information and guidance on where to get support. Call your local early help team on the numbers below. Areas are based on your home's district council.
- Breckland 01362 654515
- Broadland 01603 217612
- Great Yarmouth (East) 01493 448188
- North Norfolk 01603 217612
- Norwich 01603 224101
- South Norfolk 01508 533933 - you can complete a form to request help in South Norfolk
- West Norfolk and King's Lynn 01553 669276