Schools that lie in the catchment areas of our developments and are signed up to Modeshift STARS could be eligible for:
- Monthly one to one (online) AtoBetter consultations
- Information, advice and guidance related to sustainable school travel
- A budget to spend on travel interventions
AtoBetter is currently working with 10 schools per year to encourage more sustainable school journeys.
All Norfolk schools can access the Modeshift STARS online platform and create a School Travel Plan for free.
What is Modeshift STARS?
Modeshift STARS is a National Accreditation scheme and online school travel planning tool. It recognises schools that demonstrate excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable school travel.
School travel plans aim to:
- Encourage more walking, cycling and sustainable journeys to school
- Improve safety on the school journey
- Help reduce traffic congestion and environmental pollution
- Promote health and independence in children and young adults
How to sign up
Signing up to Modeshift doesn’t cost you a penny. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Visit Modeshift STARS Education online
- Complete the online form and make sure you select your Local Authority Area
- Once your registration has been approved you will get your log in details and can start working towards achieving Modeshift STARS
Modeshift STARS training
To support schools to use the Modeshift STARS platform we organise regular Modeshift STARS training to understand what Modeshift does and how make the most out of it.
Our next training session will take place 3.30-5pm on 7 December 2022.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.