Schools that have signed up to Modeshift STARS and are in the catchment areas of our AtoBetter developments could be eligible for:
- Monthly one to one (online) AtoBetter consultations
- Information, advice and guidance related to sustainable school travel
- A budget to spend on travel interventions
AtoBetter is currently working with up to 10 schools per year to encourage more sustainable school journeys.
All Norfolk schools can access the Modeshift STARS online platform. They can then create a school travel plan for free.
Modeshift STARS is a National Accreditation scheme. It recognises schools that show excellence in supporting:
- Other forms of sustainable school travel
School travel plans aim to:
- Encourage more walking, cycling and sustainable school journeys
- Improve road safety
- Help reduce traffic congestion and environmental pollution
- Promote health and independence in children and young adults
How to sign up to Modeshift
Signing up to Modeshift is free. To sign up to Modeshift:
- Visit the Modeshift STARS website
- Complete the online form. Make sure you select your local authority area.
- Once Modeshift approves your registration you will get your log in details. You can then start working towards achieving Modeshift STARS.
Active Travel Ambassador Scheme
The Active Travel Ambassador (ATA) scheme is a pilot programme to engage with secondary school students. It aims to help them to develop their own approaches to promoting sustainable travel options to school. This may include walking and cycling.
The programme provides young people aged 11 to 16 with confidence and skills. This is to help them address transport issues affecting their school community.
ATA teams have support from a local ATA coordinator and school staff. They research and develop behaviour change campaigns. ATA focuses on active travel and road safety.
This year three high schools participated in the scheme. We held an event where students pitched their ideas. They won money to deliver their active travel campaigns.
We hope the run the programme again next year. Get in touch to register your interest.
For further information email us at email@example.com.