Transport Plus is a community transport service provided by Norfolk County Council.
It is a service using mostly volunteer car drivers to enable adult members of the public to access essential health, social and wellbeing services.
Journey bookings can be made with the County Council’s customer service centre and staff then organise the journey with an available driver or another community transport provider.
A charge is made for each journey to cover the cost of fuel and general wear and tear of the vehicle. This is paid direct to the driver.
Transport Plus is generally available to adult members of the public who:
- Have a specific health or social need but are not eligible for free transport
- Are unable to use or access normal public transport services
- Cannot access services using transport provided by family or friends
To use the service you need to be able to get in and out of a car unaided.
We can also take someone with you if you need a carer/assistant to help you at your appointment / service.
Unfortunately we are unable to take people who travel in a wheelchair.
Examples of journeys covered are:
- Health-related journeys to medical centres such as hospitals, doctors, health clinics, etc.
- Other medically-related appointments and preventative health care (e.g. dentist, optician, physiotherapy, occupational therapy)
- Day care and respite care
- Essential shopping
- Social activities or other activities to help with general wellbeing
Transport bookings can be made
9.00am to 5.00pm
Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
by phoning 0344 800 8020
You can book a journey up to a maximum of 2 weeks in advance – a minimum of 3 working days’ notice needs to be given.
In some circumstances, we can arrange for the volunteer driver to wait at the appointment venue for a maximum of one hour. For longer appointments the driver will leave and return which may incur an additional journey charge.
Priority will be given to journey requests within Norfolk although journeys outside Norfolk, (e.g. to a hospital appointment) will be considered.
Whilst we will do our very best to undertake all journeys, journey requests are subject to transport resources being available.
We have to make best use of our vehicle resources. This means that you may share your journey with another person.
A charge is made to cover the cost of fuel and general wear and tear of the volunteer driver’s vehicle. This is currently 45p per mile and is paid direct to the driver.
The charge includes any mileage incurred for the volunteer to travel to and from your house, although we will always try to arrange the nearest driver to you so that charges are kept to a minimum. If this is not possible then our staff will discuss this with you
We may also be able to provide other transport options at very competitive rates. Please ask about this
If you wish to know the estimated cost of your journey before you travel please ask the Customer Service Centre staff when booking.
If you need to cancel your transport then all you need to do is phone the Customer Service Centre on 0344 800 8020.
Please give as much notice as possible as this will allow us time to contact the volunteer driver and possibly use them on another journey for someone else.
Late cancellations may incur a charge if the driver has already left to collect you.
If you wish to provide feedback on the service you receive or have a formal complaint both can be made in writing to:
The Passenger Transport Manager, Transport Plus, Norfolk County Council, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH
Your assistance in the following would be much appreciated:
- When booking, please ensure you have all relevant details about your journey and any specific needs you might have
- Please be as flexible as you can on your appointment times
- Please keep us informed of any changes that may affect your transport journeys