Cookie Consent by Land charges - Norfolk County Council

Land charges

A Land Charges search (or Local Authority Search) refers to specific information about a particular property and its surrounding area.

A search is usually performed when buying or leasing land or property as part of the conveyancing process by a solicitor or licensed conveyancer.

A solicitor would normally request a search on behalf of the buyer using the standard legal forms LLC1 and CON29, completed by the relevant district council who hold the Land Charges register. To find the relevant district council (and contact information), enter the postcode at

We respond to district councils regarding Norfolk County Council-held information (such as road schemes, traffic schemes, public rights of way and common land) to answer enquiries on the CON29.

Please note: Norwich City Council Land Charges team will now answer all questions on the CON29 form for properties within the Norwich City boundary.

Personal Searches

Personal search requests for highway and traffic matters relating to the CON29R and CON29O can also be made directly to Norfolk County Council.

This service is available online for registered customers for the reduced fees listed below (administration costs have been included):

CON 29 (R) Highway and Traffic Data Information £26.85 + VAT per search

CON 29 (O) £12+  VAT for each optional question

A breakdown of the enquiries answered is available here.

Additional enquiries may be made following a search for which a fee may be payable.

To apply and pay online, register here.

If you have a query regarding making a personal search then contact the Research and Information Officer at 

Access to Information

You can also request CON29 information under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. You can either request that facilities are made available to inspect the information at our offices (for which no charge is made) or request that copies are sent to you by email or in an alternative form or format (for which a reasonable charge is made in accordance with the regulations). Please see our Schedule of Charges. Please note that this is a not a certified search result and therefore no warranty is given in respect of this information. The information is supplied on the basis that the Authority reasonably believes this information to be up to date and accurate in accordance with regulation 5(4), and therefore the reliance placed on this information should be limited accordingly.

To inspect the Register of Common Land and Town or Village Greens, email to book an appointment.

Was this webpage helpful?