New recycling centre for Sheringham
A new improved recycling centre is proposed to replace Sheringham Recycling Centre and provide a larger, modern site that does not need to close during the day for the site to be serviced.
Key features will include:
- A brand-new reuse shop
- Separate service area so the site does not need to close for essential waste collection and servicing operations
- More parking spaces including dedicated staff parking
- Pay as You Throw service for disposal of construction and demolition waste
- Trade service for small businesses
- Junction improvements to the junction with the A148
We have incorporated these features into our plans, and we want you to tell us what you think of the proposed site layout, so we can refine it before we submit a planning application.
The consultation opens on 1 July 2022 and will be found on the Consultation Finder webpage. Or you can respond in person at our consultation event:
Wednesday 13 July 2022, 2:30 - 6:30pm
Sheringham Community Centre, Holway Road, Sheringham, NR26 8NP
- Our consultation is open 1 to 31 July 2022
- Planning application submission in autumn 2022
- Planning application decision expected winter 2022
- Recycling centre construction starts in summer 2023
- Recycling centre opening late 2023 to early 2024
Other improvement works
New recycling centre for Wymondham
We are proposing a new recycling centre for Wymondham.
The current Wymondham Recycling Centre is very small with a single-track access road. Due to proposed housing growth around Wymondham and Attleborough, we are proposing to build a bigger site that is more accessible.
We are currently seeking to secure land for the new site prior to consulting on the scheme as we prepare a design and planning application.
Improvements to Morningthorpe
We are proposing a new site to replace the current Morningthorpe Recycling Centre. We are currently searching for the right land to relocate this well-used site to.
- The Greater Norwich area has benefitted from two brand new recycling centres that opened in 2021
- The Norwich North recycling centre replaced the Mile Cross recycling centre in September 2021
- The Norwich South site replaced the smaller Ketteringham recycling centre in November 2021
- Both the Norwich North and Norwich South sites are at locations with good transport links to make them accessible to as many people as possible in the growing Norwich area