School complaints

If your child has a problem at school you should be able to resolve it by an informal discussion with your child's teacher.

Schools are independently managed and governed, which means the areas where we can instruct a school to take particular action are limited and in most cases our role is limited to offering advice and information.

It is the headteacher's responsibility to ensure that all concerns and complaints are dealt with speedily, efficiently, fully and fairly within the school, in accordance with the policy of the school’s governing body.

You must complain to the school or childminder before complaining to any other organisation. The procedure is the same whether you have a child at the school or not.

If you have concerns of a serious nature regarding safeguarding a child, young person or adult, call us 0344 800 8020. This telephone number is manned 24 hours a day for social care enquiries.