Parish Paths Seminars
The NLAF ran three Parish Paths Seminars in 2019/2020 with support from Norfolk County Council, to encourage local communities to get more involved with their local public rights of way. Invitations were sent to all parishes in Norfolk.
The seminars included presentations on:
- Permissive access
- Volunteer footpath maintenance
- Unrecorded Public Rights of Way
- How to report footpath faults
An interactive session where participants wrote down their thoughts on making their own parish paths easy and enjoyable to use revealed four priorities:
- Join forces with a neighbouring parish to tackle PROW issues
- Incentivise paths by the younger generation
- Provide more information about public rights of way and suitability for different users
- Appoint a footpath warden.
The NLAF and NCC are working on taking these ideas forward.