Norfolk rural strategy
Norfolk County Council supports the work of the Norfolk Rural Strategy Steering Group, a partnership across private, public and voluntary sectors which is committed to promoting and assisting inclusive economic and business growth in rural Norfolk.
Strong Roots: New Growth Norfolk Rural Strategy 2017-2020 has been developed by the steering group to respond to the opportunities and challenges facing rural Norfolk, and is the result of an extensive consultation exercise. An executive summary of the main recommendations in the strategy is also available. The strategy is supported by case studies which demonstrate the positive impact of rural business funding generated from the last strategy.
The key priorities identified in the strategy are
- Vision and lobbying for support – ensuring that rural issues are embedded in decision-making at every level
- World class environment – making Norfolk an outstanding place to live, work and visit
- Technology driven – embracing technology-led growth in the rural economy
- Agri-food competitiveness – adding value in the supply chain and promoting competitive agriculture
- Enablers of growth – promoting rural infrastructure improvements which unlock growth
The original Norfolk Rural Development Strategy 2013-2020 is still worth a read, along with the Rural Development Strategy Executive Summary and the Rural Development Strategy dataset as the evidence collated was extensive and has informed the development of the new strategy.