Council Vision and Strategy
A vision for Norfolk in 2021 was approved by Norfolk County Council on 12 February 2018. This sets out the direction of the Council in the next three years, and what it would like to achieve.
Making Norfolk work for you
We care about Norfolk and its people, and are ambitious for them. We want to help make Norfolk to be the best it can, where people can live productive, independent lives, safely and in good health, for as long as they can.
The Council will play a leading role in:
- Building communities we can be proud of
- Installing infrastructure first
- Building new homes to help young people get on the housing ladder
- Developing the skills of our people though training and apprenticeships
- Nurturing our growing digital economy
- Making the most of our heritage, culture and environment.
The vision is underpinned by Norfolk Futures: the Council’s Strategy for 2018-2021, which shows how transformation of Norfolk County Council’s services will help to deliver our ideas.
Sustainable services for those who need them most
Under the Norfolk Futures banner we will deliver sustainable and affordable services for the people who need them most. The whole Council needs to change to keep up with increasing demand for services and ever better ways of working. Norfolk Futures is guided by four core principles that will frame the transformation we lead will across all our work:
- Offering our help early to prevent and reduce demand for specialist services
- Joining up our work so that similar activities and services are easily accessible, done well and done once
- Being business like and making best use of digital technology to ensure value for money
- Using evidence and data to target our work where it can make the most difference