Our vision is to create a healthier and greener Norfolk by enabling people to walk, wheel and cycle more often. As the first choice for shorter journeys, or as part of a longer journey, our aim is for 50% of the journeys in towns and cities to be completed by walking, wheeling and cycling by 2030.
This aligns us with national and local policy on walking, wheeling and cycling.
Our draft Walking, Wheeling and Cycling Strategy sets out 7 Steps to Success to help achieve this vision and unlock numerous benefits for Norfolk.
These are to:
- Engage with local communities and enable behavioural change
- Create a safe, connected and well-maintained walking, wheeling, and cycling network for all, that gets people to where they need to be
- Build healthy places, spaces and communities
- Support multi-modal journeys
- Embrace new technology
- Remove barriers to provide a network that is accessible, inclusive and considers the needs of all users
- Work with our partners to achieve common ambitions.
We want to hear from you
We are running a public consultation on our draft Norfolk Walking, Wheeling and Cycling Strategy from 16 October 2023 – 24 November 2023.
Share your views through the consultation on Citizen Space
Following consultation, we will review the responses and develop a final draft strategy. The strategy and a consultation report will be taken to Norfolk County Council’s Infrastructure and Development Select Committee and then Cabinet in 2024 for adoption.