eBooks, eNewspapers, eMagazines and eAudio
We offer a range of eBooks, eAudio books, eNewspapers and eMagazines that library members can download free of charge, with no reservation or overdue charges. All you need is a library card. Read or listen on your computer, smartphone, tablet or eBook reader.
eBooks, eAudio books and eMagazines from OverDrive
To borrow eBooks, eAudio books and eMagazines from Overdrive on both Android (5.0+) and Apple (iOS 10+) devices you need to download the Libby App. If you have a Kindle Fire tablet, you need to download the Libby app from the Amazon Appstore.
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN
- Borrow up to six eBooks or eAudio books for up to three weeks
- Borrow an unlimited number of eMagazines for up to three weeks
- OverDrive is compatible with most devices including Kindle Fire tablets (but not Kindle eReaders)
- You can install Libby from the Amazon Appstore on compatible Fire tablets. Find information on compatible Fire tablets.
You can also fill in their online support form.
Notes for customers with Fire tablets
If you are already using the OverDrive app on your Fire tablet you can continue to do so for now but we recommend that you move to the Libby App. Find out how to switch to Libby.
If you are using the Android Package File (APK) version of Libby on your Fire tablet, you can now download Libby directly from the Appstore. Find out how to switch to the Amazon Appstore version of the app.
eNewspapers and eMagazines from PressReader
Free access to PressReader is only available when signing up with your library card and pin number. If you sign in with a social media account you will be charged for using this service.
- Access thousands of newspapers and magazines online (UK and worldwide coverage)
- Sign up for free with your library card and PIN Library card user guide
- Sign up and access on the web or download the app for tablets and mobiles from your app store
- Read online or download newspapers and magazines to your mobile device to read anytime
- You can increase text size, translate into 17 languages or listen with the read aloud function
For user guides, tutorials and help with any technical queries visit the PressReader help centre.
eAudio books from Borrowbox
- Access hundreds of eAudio books free with your library card number and PIN
- Sign up and access on the web or download the Borrowbox app for tablets and mobiles from your app store. View the Borrowbox user guide
- On an Amazon Kindle Fire you will need to download the BorrowBox app directly from their website rather than from the Kindle store.
- Borrow up to four titles for three weeks
- Reserve titles already on loan (reserves count towards your loan limit)