The Chances project
Please note the Chances project will be closing on 30 September 2023. From 19 August 2023 we will no longer accept referrals.
What Chances does
The Chances team offer 1:1 guidance to help you:
- Search and prepare for a job
- Improve your skills - eg through training or education
- Get into work if you have health issues - eg help you access services
- Overcome practical issues - eg finding transport, route planning and childcare
- Improve your wellbeing through sport and other activities
Your 1:1 adviser will support you throughout the process. Together, you will agree milestones so you can see your progress.
Who it's for
To receive support, you must meet all the following criteria:
- Currently unemployed or unable to go into work (eg because of health reasons etc)
- Aged 18 or over (we consider people over 16 in exceptional circumstances)
- Live in Norfolk
- Have the legal right to live and work in the UK
- Motivated to move forwards and make life changes
Our normal operating hours are 9-5pm Monday to Friday.
Get in touch
The Chances project will be closing on 30 September 2023.
From 19 August 2023 we will no longer accept referrals. Advocates will continue to work with remaining participants during August and September with a view to achieving a positive outcome. Remaining participants at the end of the project will be signposted to appropriate services.
Further information about Chances
Chances are funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
The project has a total budget of £3.8m (of which £1.9m is funded by the ESF).
This project has been supported by New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership, through the Growing Places Fund.
Supported by Norfolk Community Foundation through Victory Housing Trust Community Fund.
What people say about Chances...
"I would definitely recommend Chances to anyone else. I couldn't have asked for a better employment adviser, good at making people feel at ease and comfortable. My adviser has very good listening skills and lots of knowledge, so I was able to learn a lot and develop skills I didn't even know I had. 10/10!"
"I needed an employment adviser to give me a boost in the process of finding meaningful and suitable employment. My adviser reminded me I had confidence, and their positivity and encouragement throughout our journey was very catching. The programme brought me hope, support, and a space to be listened to."
Michelle* (not participant's real name)