Toggle mobile menu visibility

Highway boundaries

What to do if you receive an encroachment letter

If you have received a letter informing you that an encroachment has been identified at your property, you should contact the relevant Area Maintenance Team via the County Council's Customer Service Centre. Call 0344 800 8020 or contact us

If you would like a breakdown of the historical research we have completed to define the highway boundary in your location, you can contact the Highway Boundary Research Team at or call us on 0344 800 8020 and ask to speak to the Highway Boundary Research Team. We can't comment on how severe the encroachment is, how it can be resolved, or anything that isn't directly related to our research. The Area Maintenance Team can help you with these questions.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon