Toggle mobile menu visibility

Convert a civil partnership into a marriage

Converting your civil partnership into a marriage is a simple administrative process.

You'll need to attend an appointment together and produce documentary evidence. You'll then complete and sign a legal declaration. You'll then have the option to purchase a new marriage certificate.

At the moment there is no provision in law for civil partnership conversions for mixed sex couples. Please email and we'll contact you to arrange the conversion.