How to get urgent help at home
Norfolk Swift Response
This 24-hour service provides help, support and reassurance if you have an urgent, unplanned need at home but don’t need the emergency services. So for example, if your partner or carer is suddenly admitted to hospital, the Swift Response team can assist you with getting up, washing and dressing. Or if you have a fall but are not seriously injured, the team can bring special lifting equipment to help make moving as safe as possible for you.
When Fred (73) had a fall, he pressed his alarm pendant for help. He wasn’t seriously injured and didn’t need an ambulance, so the Norfolk Swift team came to help him. They used inflatable lifting equipment to help him up off the floor and made sure he was okay. Because Fred had had a previous fall, the Swifts suggested a referral to the Falls Team to look at ways of reducing the risk of falls around the home.
Who can get assistance from Norfolk Swift Response?
- Older people
- People with physical illness or disabilities
- People with learning difficulties
- People with mental health problems
How much does it cost?
Norfolk Swift Response is a free service for people living in Norfolk.
Contact Norfolk Swift Response on 0344 800 8020.
Our promise to you
The Norfolk Swift Response team will always:
- Show their identity cards when they visit you for the first time
- Be dressed in the team uniform
- Behave professionally and politely and respect your privacy and dignity
- Ensure you receive prompt, appropriate support and notify you if there is a delay
- With your agreement and if appropriate, make ongoing referrals to other support