We have worked with district and borough councils across Norfolk to set up community hubs to help people who are feeling vulnerable and need support during the coronavirus situation.
If you are finding one or many aspects of life difficult to manage, or know someone who is, our community hubs will link you up with voluntary or community organisations that can help you with a range of tasks and support.
If you or someone you know needs any of the above help, contact us on 0344 800 8020.
Please note, community hubs are an addition to, not a replacement for our normal social care and safeguarding services for adults and children.
What is there help for?
- Arranging weekly check-ins or telephone befriending service
- Support to register as ‘vulnerable’ with council services
- Contacts for local community groups
- Advice on how to stay well and active
- Arranging emergency home and heating repairs
- Advice on keeping warm and heating your home efficiently
- Ensuring your home is safe and secure
- Arranging assisted bin collections
- Advice on housing and homelessness
- Employment support and rights
- Issues relating to self isolation eg MOT delays
- Accessing online services for people without internet access
- Acquiring documents or NHS numbers
- Support with debts and budgeting
- General information and advice