Toggle mobile menu visibility

Local support

People donating food at a foodbank

If you are finding one or many aspects of life difficult to manage, or know someone who is, your local district, borough or city council can offer support. They can also help link you up with local voluntary or community organisations that can help you with a range of tasks and support.

This support is in addition to our social care and safeguarding services for adults and children.

What is there help for?


  • Advice on benefits and other financial support


  • Support to register as 'vulnerable' with council services
  • Contacts for local community groups
  • Advice on how to stay well and active


  • Arranging emergency home and heating repairs
  • Advice on keeping warm and heating your home efficiently
  • Ensuring your home is safe and secure
  • Arranging assisted bin collections
  • Advice on housing and homelessness


  • Employment support and rights
  • Accessing online services for people without internet access
  • Acquiring documents or NHS numbers
  • Support with debts and budgeting
  • General information and advice

Borough, district and city council support