For most of us there are times in our lives when we feel stressed, anxious, depressed, overwhelmed or find it difficult to cope.
One quarter of us will have problems with our mental wellbeing at some time in our lives. Many of life’s demands can affect your levels of stress. Although a little pressure can be good and helps to keep us motivated, too much all at once can make us stressed. Our stress level can be affected by things such as our physical health, our job (or finding one), our relationships and friendships, where we live and money problems.
- The Wellbeing Service can support you in the first steps to make changes in your life to manage your levels of stress, as well as symptoms of anxiety and depression
- The Reading Well Books on Prescription scheme at Norfolk libraries offers self-help books that are recommended by healthcare professionals and mood-boosting books
- Norfolk and Waveney Mind offers services including supported housing, crisis helplines, drop-in centres, employment and training schemes, counselling and befriending.
- For social care advice the Norfolk Community Advice Network may be able to help
- Don't forget the benefits that being active can have for your wellbeing. Find out what support is available locally to improve your fitness level or visit NHS Choices for more tips, online tools and general advice about mental wellbeing and mental health.
- Rethink - Mental Health Information
- MindEd - Safe and reliable mental health advice for older people and those who care for them