Norfolk Swift Response is a 24-hour service that provides practical help to adults with an urgent, unplanned need at home. It is a free service.
Norfolk Swift Response can help with practical things like:
- If you have a fall but are not seriously injured. They can bring special lifting equipment to help make moving as safe as possible for you
- Getting up, washed, and dressed – for example if your partner or carer is suddenly admitted to hospital
If you believe someone is in danger, or their life is at risk – call 999.
Who can get assistance
It's for people who:
- Are aged 18 or over
- Live at home
- Need physical or practical support with daily living tasks
- People with physical illness or disabilities
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health problems
How to contact us
Call Norfolk Swift Response on 0344 800 8020 and select option 1.
Some people get referred to us using community alarms. These are usually pendants that you wear, so you can reach help at the touch of a button. Find out more about community alarms.
What happens when we visit you
When any of our team visits your home, they will always:
- Show their identity cards when they visit you for the first time
- Be dressed in the team uniform
- Behave professionally and politely
- Respect your privacy and dignity
- Ensure you receive prompt, appropriate support and tell you if there is a delay
- With your agreement, and if appropriate, make ongoing referrals to other support
When Fred (73) had a fall, he pressed his alarm pendant for help. He wasn’t seriously injured and didn’t need an ambulance, so the Norfolk Swift team came to help him. They used inflatable lifting equipment to help him up off the floor and made sure he was okay. Because Fred had had a previous fall, the team suggested a referral to the falls team to look at ways of reducing the risk of falls around the home.