Client Hardship Service (CHS)
What is it?
The Client Hardship Service (CHS) combines the Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS) and Money Support Service (MSS).
CHS can help you get support and financial assistance for food, energy, water and other essential household items, including white goods, smart phones and laptops (with the support of your support worker). Do you fall into any of these groups:
- Working on a low income
- Working and receiving a means tested benefit
- Claiming benefits
- Caring for someone
- Trying to get back into work
- Unexpected expenditure.
If you are eligible, we can:
- Give support, guidance and advice
- Assess your application to decide of you are eligible for assistance with food and energy
- Assess your application to decide if you are eligible for essential household items if required
- Warm referrals to support workers, advice organisations and voluntary agencies to provide a wraparound support service and prevent further crisis occurring
- Money-management and budgeting support and advice, involving helping people identify income and outgoings, supporting grant applications, providing cost comparisons for utilities and supporting with switching to cheaper providers or tariffs
- Connecting people to debt agencies and supporting them with any initial appointments
- Supporting people with Disability Related Expenses claims – these can reduce the amount that people must pay towards their care.
You will need to complete an application with evidence of your financial situation.
Professionals can continue to request budgeting support for clients using the MSS Finance Request in LAS. Alternatively you can email the Client Hardship Team.