Adoption is an ongoing process. Many adoptive families benefit from different kinds of support over the years.
We have an open door to you, and can offer a listening ear to provide support and advice about any aspect of adoptive parenting.
The behaviour of children often displays the impact of neglect and trauma in their early years. We can help you understand what this means for your parenting now.
Some of the support services we offer:
- Keep in touch by receiving our regular newsletter, Side by Side
- Workshops and training groups
- Support groups where you can connect with other adopters
- An assessment followed by a plan of support (if needed). This may mean that you have an allocated worker and therapeutic support
- A 'buddy' service. Trained adopters to offer you support
- A letterbox service for contact. We receive and send out correspondence between adoptive and birth families, to help them stay in touch. We also support direct contact agreements, when this is part of the contact agreement
- Support to adopted adults