Support for adoptive families
We recognise that adoption is an ongoing process and many adoptive families benefit from support of different kinds over the years.
We have an open door to you and can offer a listening ear to provide support and advice about any aspect of adoptive parenting.
The behaviour of children often displays the impact of neglect and trauma in their early years and we can help you understand what this means for your parenting now.
Support services we offer
- Keep in touch by receiving our regular newsletter, Side by Side
- Attend our workshops and parenting groups
- Join up with other adopters in the support groups
- Following an assessment we can offer a plan of support which will often mean you have an allocated social worker and therapeutic work
- We offer a Buddy service, by which trained adopters offer you support
- We run a Letterbox service for contact, by which we receive and send out correspondence between adoptive and birth families to help them stay in touch. We also support direct contact agreements, when this is part of the contact agreement.
If you would like to talk to someone about any of our support services contact Norfolk Adoption Service by calling 01603 638343. We can have initial conversations on the phone and there is also a consultation service in addition to the requests for assessments
Our regular newsletter, Side by Side, is a collection of short articles written by adoptive parents and adoption social workers. Each issue also has a section for book reviews and lists activities for adopters and their families.
There are also a number of other organisations which provide information and assistance about support services.